It is always a great dilemma what to decide after doing graduation as B. Tech.!
Tech. from IT, Computer Sciences or non IT branches like mech., electrical , civil etc. engineers after getting sucked up in studying 8 semesters thinks like the are done with technical part of their life and they should move on to some management skills. But still there are many people who are interested in going forward in technical only and so they pursue for M. Tech. or M.S.
But many engineers moves and choses management as their field of interest it may be because there is no more programming from then or it also may be that many of us wants to open up our own business, our own start up. So people with these views choose management instead of going more technical.
So, what is the point of saying or entitling MBA after engineering bad or good?
- Enhanced profile, career development and of course package
- Chance to change career from technical employments to managerial or into areas of interest such as finance or marketing or HR.
- Maximum engineers come from level 2 or level 3 colleges and henceforth have an ambition to get a degree from a well-known institution in India/overseas.
MBA give you an edge to look at an organization in a complete point of vision. Its inner and exterior atmosphere and how to deliberately locate an association to function successfully. It’s more about application of administration tools in making judgments.
Normally, engineers move to business for a few reasons. The MBA is looked for by designers since it is seen as a simple (and quicker) approach to get into administration, as the program is regularly much less demanding than building educational modules. Ordinarily it takes an expert 26 years to climb into the official positions of an association. Thusly, we are all looking for a much quicker course to more prominent achievement. The MBA is frequently observed as an approach to change vocation fields, not simply positions. Why? Business information applies to all enterprises, though particular specialized learning can hold you secured to a particular industry.
The essential qualification between the specialist and the MBA is that as a MBA you’ll in all probability need to figure out how to manage individual’s issues, not specialized ones. This requires an alternate aptitude set.
The world needs more architects however I comprehend why many get baffled with their organizations and choose to roll out an improvement. Sooner or later in your vocation, your necessities won’t be met. What those necessities are will take some examination. Possibly you don’t get enough acknowledgment, energizing assignments, or whatever. On the off chance that you leave these necessities unfulfilled sufficiently long, they’ll drive you to roll out an improvement. It will change your mentality, convictions and in the long run your conduct. It’s a characteristic procedure that is difficult to recognize in light of the fact that it happens so gradually. Notwithstanding, once you start to feel baffled or have that first idea to change employments, you have to ask yourself “what need isn’t being met?”
I see far excessively numerous experts getting a MBA with high trusts, just to acknowledge what the numerous experts who as of now have a MBA know; that is, it isn’t a snappy settle for your issue.
There could be a few musings in one’s psyche while deciding on MBA in the wake of building.
Some of them could be:
- Some designer feel that they are not paid as needs be according to their diligent work and occupation obligation at any rate in India.
- Some individuals choose in the wake of rehearsing as a designer that they incline toward or are more suited for an administration/business part in building, thus a MBA is intelligent.
- Some individuals think a MBA will give them more professional stability and higher pay.
- Some individual need a graduate degree however would prefer not to finish an ace’s in building since they feel this might be harder for them.
- Some individuals conclude that they no longer need to seek after a building vocation, thus a propelled designing degree is not helpful to them, while a MBA may give a way to another profession.
Let me try to put my conclusion and prove myself with a genuine example.
Suppose there are two factories which produces heavy engineering parts. The manager of a one factory is a B.E. or B. Tech. plus MBA and that of another factory is simply graduate plus MBA. Now the manager of one factory who has done B.E. plus MBA can help in technical department as well when there is a need or him or her but a manager of another factory who is graduate plus MBA can’t handle technical situations as like of the another manager. Apart from giving solutions of technical issues he can help in taking decisions which are pocket friendly by giving alternate choices of the metals used in manufacturing products which will also provide the same or better work quality and being an MBA, he or she can also help in deciding the salaries, deals and other market strategies.
While on the other hand, a manager who is graduate plus MBA apart from not being eligible to help in technical department, he can help in sales and profits and marketing etc.
Thus, inference from my above given example is a simple MBA won’t work for a technical company. Although it can work but heights can be achieve on choosing a graduate of bachelors of engineering and MBA.
Therefore, MBA after B.E. is always a good option.
Now the question is why people opt for MBA after B.E., after many researches scientist have found these three reasons most probably.
- Doing graduation first then will think about what to do next.
- Parent’s desire/impact
A current research propose that 80% of guardians in India are included in impacting their youngster vocation arranging process. It is parent yearning and impact which constrain an understudy to get into building (in light of the fact that their parent’s companion child recently got a decent arrangement out of IIT/Engineering). What’s more, later it is their yearning just which impact them to do a MBA too.
With a degree in designing from IIT and after that later a MBA from IIM the prospects for getting high settlement sum by a parent for his child’s marriage will be great. What’s more, this is the reason they generally aim their child think about in IIT and IIM. That is a savage combo to land a position as well as higher share sum in marriage.
Students have no enthusiasm for building
Because an understudy scored great in Mathematics in class tenth, he/she was compelled to do building. He didn’t have any intimation that designing is recently not about contemplating Mathematics. Thus an understudy arrive up in designing and after that vibe how might I pass 4 years? They simply wind up doing repetition learning, and attempt to score great checks by one means or another in their semester/yearly/inside exams with the goal that they can be qualified for Investment Banking work (yes half of building begin composing CFA exams and the most desired employment in eng. is Investment Bank) or a MBA.
As they have no enthusiasm for building, they can’t generally split space particular prospective employee meetings, or would prefer not to do a M.Tech. /MS and after that begin searching for option courses and wind up with MBA as the vast majority of their companions are going for MBA which give them prospects of 15+ lakh bundle. Little they knew the present situation of such B-Schools where organizations offer a unimportant bundle of 1.5L for each annum (not month).
In any case, now that you have as of now spoiled your 4 years by contemplating building and picking up nothing out of it, you ought not squander an additional 2 years doing a MBA, only for it.
Which stage in your career should you do MBA?
Preferably, MBA is prescribed when you need to move into any influential positions or you began an influential position and need assistance to do well. The Golden manage is, you need to labor for couple of years before doing MBA. Truth be told, a portion of the top positioned business colleges on the planet require proficient work understanding. They know the significance of it.
What would I be able to do amid my working period after Bachelors to be set up for MBA ?
All things considered, on the off chance that you are a business major in student, you comprehend a large number of the business terms and language. In any case, in the event that you are a building graduate, you may not be presented to a large number of the business language or phrasing. It is a smart thought to peruse business books and begin get ready for MBA by doing establishment classes and breaking your GMAT.
Last but not the least lets discuss some of the career issues with engineer switch make them think that they should switch their field.
Career development issues for Engineers
- The yearly examinations in the workplace seem, by all accounts, to be to a greater degree a convention (sometimes, verging on being a total joke) to hold the worker as opposed to being truly worried about how he can create and develop. Which is likely why the Career Mock Appraisal Process that we propelled absolutely as an analysis has created so much intrigue (we needed to turn down/concede the greater part of them as our essential concentration has been on MBA applications).
- Focusing on the applicant’s advantage (and not the employer’s) is by all accounts an outsider idea for generally organizations.
- Trusting that the organization will one day understand the worker’s colossal potential and reward him with every one of the treats he merits could be a gullible desire. Optimizing their vocation needs more than just persistence and great work. This acknowledgment is the reminder for some designers that prompts them to consider a MBA.
- Whatever your reasons may be, do know about the pitfalls of taking up the MBA course. Business schools, much the same as organizations, have their eccentricities. On the off chance that you’ve perused Beyond the MBA Hype, you definitely comprehend what these are.
My recommendation is get adept work understanding by working in different occupation parts (essentially such parts which give you a chance to work in different offices) in a startup, SME and so on and afterward later hope to do a MBA if required (just in the event that you feel that you require more organized training in a specific range of administration, be it back, promoting, HR and so on). If not, proceed with employment, search for different online courses which can redesign your abilities and scale up in your occupation profile.